Monday, September 7, 2009

Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.....


Will nature make a man of me yet?
NOPE.
Anyway last week I was riding my bike around Simi, while running some errands.
As I was passing the entrance to the strip mall featuring Jons and CVS on Cochran some woman pulled out onto the street hitting me with her car, I rolled across the hood/bonnet and ended up in the middle of the road.
My life literally did flash before my eyes on my way down.
Luckily no other cars were coming or I may have been seriously hurt or even worse.
After the shock of being hit quickly wore off and I realised that I was completely unhurt, I got up and checked to see if "SHE" was okay.
To be honest she was in worse shape than I was, she was pretty shaken up and I thought she was going to break down and cry at any moment.
I really can't stand to see a woman cry.
I ended comforting her and letting her know I was fine and not to worry, although the side panel of her car was pretty fucked up.
***Note to self. Start new diet next Monday***
People pulled over in their cars and thrust their phone number upon me swearing they'd be my witness. Witness to what? I'm fine, the poor lady made a mistake and I'm unhurt and now armed with some cracking dinner conversation that further proves how hard I am. ;)
She insisted that she would buy me a new bike, but I settled on letting them take the bike to the repair shop and fixing the wheel.
I also noted that my Puma Roma trainers were little worse for wear and the lady's father-in-law graciously gave me a a cheque for $100, result as they only cost $40.
I suppose with this being California I could taken her to court to "sue her ass" but I'm English and clearly above that sort of thing.
Besides, although I'm not exactly a god fearing man I do kind of believe in karma. My gut feeling is if I tried to screw somebody over it would eventually come back to bite me in the ass and I really wasn't harmed in any way and needed no medical treatment at all.
I think I did the right thing and was pretty proud of the way I handled the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment