Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hmmm, what's been going on recently then?

I've been slacking on the blogger front of late.
It's a familiar story, I first start a blog, it's shiny and new and I'm blogging my ass off. Then after a while I get a bit bored with it and slowly but surely everything kind of comes to a standstill. Sure I could blame it on the lack of feedback from my massive following of five, but deep down I know it's down to me.
So what have I been up to then?
Well the work situation is shit, I was busy for a while covering almost every square inch of the downstairs at the wonderful Forbes-Black family home. I originally went over there to just paint the gazebo but after working there for almost two months I had refinished the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, built a custom made island, made a breakfast bar, tiled the kitchen counter top and hallway counters, tiled the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms, painted the entire downstairs, the gazebo and finally built a fence for the pool equipment.... phew!!!!
Not only were they lovely people for keeping me busy, but they were without a doubt the nicest family I have worked for. Ade and Clare were great and the kids Lola and Luke were both adorable and charming, hell I even got along with the dog.



Forbes-Black bathroom cabinets.



The Forbes-Black finished kitchen.

I have also been attending LA Galaxy home games with my old mate Mark from Swindon, this weekend for our pains we will be flying up to Seattle to watch them try and win their 3rd MLS Cup against Real Salt Lake, it won't be easy, but I think we can do it. I'll probably post a blog regarding that trip next week.



Me and Kellie's "other" boyfriend.



Miss Galaxy and friends with me at the Home Depot Centre.


On the concert front it has been a bit quiet, since we saw Camera Obscura on Kellie's birthday in June we've seen Terry De Castro 3 times, Franz Ferdinand, Camper Van Beethoven, Cracker, Trashcan Sinatras, The Jet Age, She wants Revenge, Echo and the Bunnymen perform Ocean Rain with a full orchestra and last week we saw The Cribs featuring my musical idol Johnny Marr, they were all great gigs, hopefully 2010 will see us go to a few more.

Fingers crossed on the work front, I've been temping with Labor Ready, it's shit money and quite depressing, but it puts a bit of money in my pocket and food on the table, it just kills me that these people take the piss expecting you to work your ass off for a pittance and then act like your should fellate them for doing you a favour.
As usual my so-called friends have been a great help on this score and I'm really getting along with the ex-wife.... NOT!!!!!!!!!
Thanksgiving is coming up, hmmmm, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment