Sunday, June 21, 2009

Casual as Fuck 2000/2001


After spending the previous three seasons as part of the CSC76 club we were given the boot despite winning the league and cup double each year. This was because I refused to had over the money the Casuals won to boost the CSC76 bank balance.
During our time there all Casuals players paid their fees in full and I personally made sure that we were all paid up before xmas. Players from other teams at the club didn't pay a penny and I didn't want my players to subsidise their slackers. I also bought two sets of shirts for the Casuals during our time there at my own cost, other teams at CSC76 were bought new strips from the club funds, some of which would have been funded by my players fees. During our 3 years there all I received off the CSC76 club were two match balls. Yet they insisted that I was being "dishonest" for wanting to keep the money that my team won for my team, tough shit, I stuck to my guns and made sure the money went where it deserved to go, back to the lads that had earned it.
The season was relative success, we lost the cup semi final 4-3 after having 2 players red carded and me missing a last minute penalty kick, oh well sod's law. In the league we lost a couple of games and basically Ventura won the league on paper by a single point because the opposition forfeited there last 3 games handing them the title. The TCSL board found this an unsatisfactory end to the season and asked Ventura if they fancied playing a one off winner takes all play off match against us. The call was totally Ventura's and they eagerly agreed.
During the match we found ourselves 3-0 down at half time and Ventura were pissing themselves and talking all kinds of shite. Unfortunately for them we came back and beat them 4-3 in the second half, it would have been worse had Andy Rolland not missed a pk. Needless to say Ventura's stance changed after the match and they were crying that it was unfair that the league "made" them play that game. What a difference 45 minutes makes eh?
There were a lot of spectators there that day and some of the neutrals came up to me afterwards and said it was the best game they had ever seen and we deserved the title, that's good enough for me.
Anyway a special word should go out to Juan Barron for his one man demolition of Ventura in the second half of the play off match.

Malibu (Away) Won: 3-1
Ojai Condors (Away) Drew 1-1
Westlake Knights (Away) Won: 7-0
CSC76 Celtics (Away) Won: 3-0
Oak Park United (Away) Drew: 1-1
Camarillo Utd (Home) Won: 3-0
CSC76 VHT (Away) Won: 6-0
Newbury Park Utd (Home) Won: 4-1
Ventura SC (Home) Won: 15-2
Camarillo Utd (Home/Cup) Won: 3-2
Newbury Park Utd (Away/Cup) Won: 2-0
Ventura SC (Away) Lost: 3-4
CSC76 Celtics (Away) Won: 3-0
Ojai Condors (Home) Won: 3-0
Westlake Knights (Away) Lost: 2-3
Newbury Park Utd (Away) Won: 3-0
Camarillo Utd (Away) Won 5-4
Ventura Storm (Cup semi final) Lost: 3-4
Oak Park United (Home) Drew: 2-2
Malibu (Home) Won: 3-0

Ventura SC (Championship play-off) Won: 4-3

No comments:

Post a Comment