Thursday, April 21, 2011

British Sea Power at the Troubadour April 7th 2011



I have a lot of friends back in the UK who have raved about this band, "You'll like them" said one, "they sound a bit like Echo and the Bunnymen"
Well I own three albums by them, Open Season, The Decline of BSP and Do You Like Rock Music?
I think I've only ever listened to each CD maybe once, they didn't exactly grab me and drag me in with them, but given the chance to see the band live I jumped at it, hoping things would be different in the flesh.

I'll tell you this about British Sea Power, they are great musicians, put on a great show and their fans are rabid about them and were really into the gig.
But I found myself getting a bit bored at the show, maybe it was because they came on late and I had to be up the next day at 5am? I don't know, but I gave it a try, it wasn't horrible or remotely bad. Like I said, they were very good, just wasn't my thing.
It's almost like meeting a really beautiful girl, you get along, everything looks rosy, then you get her into bed and it's just MEH!!! Nothing wrong with that, just no connection.
So I tip my cap to you BSP, but it was never meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment