Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Los Angeles Galaxy Fans Q&A Number Two. JOHN ARIAS





The second victim in my LA Galaxy fan Q&A is John Arias, a sound lad and one of the prominent members of the ACB. This guy means business and keeps the ACB on their toes, keeping them bouncing around in the stands and singing whether we are winning or getting our arses kicked and that's what being a proper fan is all about really.



Q1. How did you first get into the Galaxy and what was the first game you attended?
Being Hispanic I knew about them as a kid when they first came to be. But I didn't get into the G's until way later as all I knew was Club America and the Mexican league due to my family being fanatics. Really it just happened, going to games with my friend Brian, my (now) wife vanessa and loving L.A. as a city. No, I'm not an opening day fan and they can tell me that they're more of a fan because they supported them since day one, go ahead, it means shit to me. I'm positive that I've shed more blood and sweat (literally) than most of them ever will. Ha, Ha!!!



Q2. Name your favourite five Galaxy players of all time?
Jorge Campos (The reason I heard of the Galaxy as a kid)
Landon Donovan (Everyone will name him, if they don't they're just trying to be different)
Edson Buddle
Mauricio Cienfuegos
Jovan Kirovski (Screw this guy)



Q3. What is your normal preparation/routine when attending a Galaxy game?
Wake up, eat, LOT 13, drink beers, section 121, give 90 minutes of my day to the Galaxy. Rinse and repeat every game day.



Q4. Do you follow any other footy teams?
I used to follow a lot of teams (Barca, Chelsea, etc...) but I figure they have enough fans. The one I still kind of follow though is Marseille.


Q5. Name five footy teams that you hate the most?
I hate anyone not the LA Galaxy.


Q6. Describe the best Galaxy performance you attended?
Beating the Seattle in the play offs last season, it might not have been the best performance, but shutting up the Sounders fans was nice. That or the San Jose trip where we took 4 buses and a convoy of G's fans, PLUS a 3-0 win.



Q7. Describe the worst?
6-2 ASS WHOOPIN' we got from Dallas or this year's RSL away beating.




Q8. Has the Beckham signing been better for Beckham, the Galaxy or the MLS?
A bit of both, he made the league known around the world as well as the Galaxy. While in Europe wearing my G's jersey, people knew who our team was...... nice feeling.


Q9. Do you follow any other sports and if so, what teams?
NFL, although I haven't kept up with it like I did before. I'm a proud RAIDER NATION member.


Q10. Do you play footy, what position and are you any good?
I do, I play whatever position. Am I good? Do baboons have pink asses???


Q11. What's with the rivalry between Galaxy supporters groups?
One sided, none of our group's concern.




Q12. Have you ever been involved in any aggro at the match? Galaxy or otherwise?
No comment.


Q13. How do you think the MLS compares with other leagues around the world?
We're growing fast. Give it some years and I would say we will be competing with the top leagues.


Q14. Club before country?
Yup, corporation before country in our case.



Q15. Almost every Galaxy fan I speak to wishes that Chivas USA were gone from the HDC, where would you like to see them end up?

Move them to the OC and give us a team in San Diego and I'll be happy.


Q16. Favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
Stade Velodrome for the awesome atmosphere.


Q17. Least favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
Qwest Field for the stupid PG13 signs and "Mind your language" stewards.


Q18. If you could change anything about the Galaxy organisation what would it/they be?
No comment.



19. What changes would you make to the MLS?
Not much really, but a team in San Diego would be sweet.


Q20. What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you at the match?
I drank a whole bottle of Chimay and made a mess of things that ranged from smacking someone with a flag pole to falling on my ass over the bleachers. I don't remember any of this, I was told later on.


@21. Funniest thing you has seen at the match?
"Chicas" USA supporters.


22. Finally, how do you see the season ending for the LA Galaxy this year?
MLS CUP!!!!!

Great answers John, see you at the HDC.

***John requested that I didn't use any solo pictures of him, preferring that I used group shots of the ACB. Most G fans know who he is and what he looks like anyway, so I am more than happy to comply with his wishes.***

No comments:

Post a Comment