Thursday, April 14, 2011

Los Angeles Galaxy Fans Q&A Number Three. CARLISA PERDOMO






Victim number three is fellow Galaxian Carlisa Perdomo, a mother of two, wife and all round lovely lady. As the Galaxians President she is often the voice of our group in dealing with the front office and collected the 2010 Supporter's Shield plague on behalf of the Galaxians from none other than Landon Donovan in the rain.
Carlisa also claims that one of her greatest Galaxy moments was when she got her two Galaxy tattoos.



Q1. How did you first get into the Galaxy and what was the first game you attended?
I heard that there was going to be a soccer team in LA so I went to the Galaxy's home opener in 1996.


Q2. Name your favourite five Galaxy players of all time?
1)Mauricio Cienfuegos
2)Kevin "El Gato" Hartman.
3) Landon Donovan.
4) "El Tanque"- Hurtado
5) Cobi Jones



Q3. What is your normal preparation/routine when attending a Galaxy game?
It's going to sound crazy but I make sure I put on my "special underwear." I put on my LAG necklace & bracelets too. I bring the drums, banners, flags to the HDC. Once I go in to the stadium, I go to the bathroom & say a little prayer.



Q4. Do you follow any other footy teams?
Teams from England, Spain, USMNT & USWNT


Q5. Name five footy teams that you hate the most?
1) Chivas 2) San Jose 3) Real Salt Lake 4) Seattle 5)Chicago


Q6. Describe the best Galaxy performance you attended?
The best Galaxy performance that I attended was for the 2005 MLS in Texas. I was able to be part of the celebration of when Pando scored the winning goal.



Q7. Describe the worst?
The worst was the 3 years that the LAG missed the playoffs & was under the fucked up management of Alexi Lalas.



Q8. Has the Beckham signing been better for Beckham, the Galaxy or the MLS?
Beckham has put MLS more on the map, but not as much as I think was intended. Him being injured didn't help or going abroad off season either.



Q9. Do you follow any other sports and if so, what teams?
I ONLY follow futbol!


Q10. Do you play footy, what position and are you any good?
I am a soccer fanatic! I'm the Galaxians president, a soccer mom & previous assistant coach to my daughter's team.





Q11. What's with the rivalry between Galaxy supporters groups?
That response would be a dissertation. All 3 groups support the Galaxy. We just have different ideas/views as how to do it. I can say that the Galaxians are the ORIGINAL Supporters Group. It started in 1996. The LARS started from a former Galaxian wanting a more "hooligan" style. From what I know, the ACB started when some members who were LARS weren't happy with that group so they decided to create their own. Luckily the ACB & Galaxians get along very well.



Q12. Have you ever seen or been involved in any aggro at the match? Galaxy or otherwise?
Thank Goodness I've never personally been involved in one.


Q13. How do you think the MLS compares with other leagues around the world?
There's no comparison. Many other leagues have been around for over 100 years. The MLS has only been around for 15 years. I'm glad to see that it's been improving.



Q14. Club before country?
Equal for me


Q15. Almost every Galaxy fan I speak to wishes that Chivas USA were gone from the HDC, where would you like to see them end up?
Anywhere but the HDC! I don't care where they go as long as they get the hell out of the HDC!


Q16. Favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
Since I haven't been out of the country to experience other soccer stadiums, I love the HDC!


Q17. Least favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
I always hated the San Jose stadiums.


Q18. If you could change anything about the Galaxy organisation what would it/they be?
That's a loaded ? The answer again would be a dissertation. Things have improved, but they could be better.


Q19. What changes would you make to the MLS?

Perhaps the season &/or playoffs style. Do it like the rest of the world.


Q20. What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you at the match?
I almost was going to puke & have the "runs" at the 2005 MLS Cup in Dallas. I was so nervous. I was more nervous at that game than for my wedding. Also, I never saw a grown man cry like a baby & fall to his knees when the LAG won their 1st MLS Cup in 2002.


Q21. Funniest thing you has seen at the match?
Girls going "gaga" everytime Andrew Shue came onto the pitch. When Becks had to change his shorts & everyone seeing his knickers. Also the 2011 LAG home opener where it literally rained like cats & dogs. That night was crazy!







Q22. Finally, how do you see the season ending for the LA Galaxy this year?
I see the Galaxy being Western Conference Champions, winning the Supporters Shield, & winning the MLS Cup!


Great answers Carlisa, some genuine laugh out loud moments, see you at the Portland Timbers game. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment