Friday, April 15, 2011

LA Galaxy Fans Q&A Number Six. KAREN EDWARDS.

Q&A "victim" number six is my friend Karen Edwards. She is a member of the Riot Squad, married to Steve (another friend) and also supports the blue half of Liverpool (Blame Steve). She is also a huge fan of one of my favourite bands The Wedding Present and that alone is a big plus for me.
I usually try to stop by them at the LARS picnic area on the way into the HDC as they always have a good stock of Stella Artois, even after I have run out of Bitburger. Cheers for that Karen.... hic!!!!





Q1. How did you first get into the Galaxy and what was the first game you attended?
Heard Beckham was coming and told Steve we should get season tickets.


Q2. Name your favourite five Galaxy players of all time?
Landon Donovan


Q3. What is your normal preparation/routine when attending a Galaxy game?
Leave early enough to tailgate with LARS and get a drink or two in, as I'll have to stop early and drive home.



Q4. Do you follow any other footy teams?
Everton - by marriage


Q5. Name five footy teams that you hate the most?
Chivas USA, Seattle, San Jose, Liverpool, Mexico


Q6. Describe the best Galaxy performance you attended?
I honestly don't remember performances. Bad memory.


Q7. Describe the worst?
I honestly don't remember performances. Bad memory.


Q8. Has the Beckham signing been better for Beckham, the Galaxy or the MLS?
I'd say it's been best for the MLS. Brought a lot of focus that wouldn't have been there otherwise.


Q9. Do you follow any other sports and if so, what teams?
Nascar. My driver is Dale Earnhardt Jr.


Q10. Do you play footy, what position and are you any good?
No. I'd suck with my weak ankles.


Q11. What's with the rivalry between Galaxy supporters groups?
It's a school yard battle of the coolest. Lame.


Q12. Have you ever been involved in any aggro at the match? Galaxy or otherwise?
Hellz no.



Q13. How do you think the MLS compares with other leagues around the world?
Only following the EPL really, and we don't compare. *Maybe* we can handle some Championship teams, but not the way we're playing right now.



Q14. Club before country?
Yes.



Q15. Almost every Galaxy fan I speak to wishes that Chivas USA were gone from the HDC, where would you like to see them end up?

I'd like to see them in San Diego. It'd make for a nice little roadtrip.





Q16. Favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
I haven't been, but I'm gonna guess it would be Red Bull Arena.


Q17. Least favourite away stadium? (MLS or otherwise)
Buck Shaw. What a pit.


Q18. If you could change anything about the Galaxy organisation what would it/they be?
More transparency.


Q19. What changes would you make to the MLS?
Dunno. It seems to be chugging along alright.


Q20. What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you at the match?

Nothing. Yet.


Q21. Funniest thing you has seen at the match?
God-loving Chris Klein taking out a pitch invader.


Q22. Finally, how do you see the season ending for the LA Galaxy this year?
Ever the football pessimist, I'd say we squeak into the playoffs only to be out in the first round. Of course I hope we take it all.

Thanks Karen, short but sweet, just like you my dear. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment